Call For Papers
We invite researchers, industry practitioners and policy makers to submit proposals for papers, panel discussions and workshops related to global outsourcing of IT and ITES for the Eleventh Annual International Smart sourcing Conference, (ISSC-2013) to be held at the Harrah's Casino resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA on August 8-9, 2013. Previous ten conferences have been held in different cities of USA, except the 2008 conference, that was held in India in the 2200 acres campus of the University of Hyderabad on August 9-10, 2008; the ninth conference that was held at the 320 acre campus of IIT, Delhi on January 5-6, 2011; and the tenth conference that was held at the SolBridge International Business School, Daejeon, Sout Korea on June 28-29, 2012.
The focus of the 11th conference will be: GLOBAL SOURCING OF FINANCIAL SERVICES AND HEALTHCARE
Please submit papers or any questions regarding the papers to the World Conference Chairperson Professor Shailendra Palvia at email@example.com . You must indicate the track for which you want the paper to be considered. If you are not sure about the track, please say OTHER. Our track chairs at present are:
Track: Global Sourcing of Services for SME Vendors and SME Clients
Dr. Subbu Murthy, President and CEO (OR HIS CIO)
17215 Studebaker Rd.,
Suite 339 Cerritos,
Ph : +1-909-450-7888
TracK: Global Sourcing Project Management
Anita Dhir, PMP
President & CEO
Medhira Enterprises Wise Choice, Intelligent Collaboration... Medhira
Consulting and Training in Project Management & Operational Best Practices
NYU Project Management Certificate Adjunct Assistant Professor
Phone #: 347-256-3358
Track: Global Sourcing of Financial Services
Dr. (Sing) Chia-Hsing Huang
SolBridge International School of Business
151-13 Samsung 1-Dong, Dong-gu
Daejeon 300-814 Republic of Korea
Tel: +82 42 6308527
Track: Mobility in Healthcare
Ms. Madhuruchi Lamba
CEO and Founder President
Ph in India: +91 9560445551
Ph in US: +5164628987
Track: The Indian Subcontinent
Saji K Mathew, PhD
Department of Management Studies
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Chennai, TN 600 036, INDIA
Phone: +91 44 2257 4573 (O), +91 44 2257 6573 (R)
Cell: +91 80560 78251
Fax: +91 44 22574552 (DoMS)
Track: Mexico and Latin America
Mtro. Gustavo R. Parés Arce
CEO, Consultoría Lomas Altas
Av. Paseo de la Reforma 2600, Lomas Altas, Mexico DF
Telephone: +(52 1) 55 26 86 36 96
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Dr. Prasad Padmanabhan
Professor of Finance, Myra Stafford Pryor Chair of Free Enterprise and Sam Walton Fellow
Bill Greehey School of Business
St. Mary’s University San Antonia, TX 78228
While submitting a paper to the World Conference Chairperson – Dr. Shailendra Palvia, firstname.lastname@example.org please note the following,
· The deadline for submission of all papers is May 31, 2013.
· For academic researchers, full paper should not exceed 20 pages double spaced.
· For industry practitioners, paper length should not exceed 5 pages double spaced.
· Proposals should be submitted as soft copies, using MS-Word.
Blind review comments/recommendation will be provided by June 15, 2013. At that time, authors of the few outstanding papers will be invited to submit full blown papers for publication consideration in the well regarded double blind refereed journal called Journal of IT Case and Application Research (JITCAR) or Strategic Outsourcing International JOurnal (SOIJ) or Journal of Global IT Management (JGITM). Early bird registration deadline is June 30, 2013.
· Final conference papers are due by June 30, 2013.
· All accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the conference.
· All accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
· In case of multiple authors, at least one of the authors must register and present the paper at the conference.
Three outstanding papers will be recognized at the conference and will be published either in the JITCAR or in SOIJ or in JGITM.
· All accepted papers from the Healthcare outsourcing and Medical Tourism track will also be considered for a book on Global Mobility in Healthcare to be co-edited by Dr. Shailendra C. Palvia and Dr. Prasad Padmanabhan.
· By submitting the proposals, the authors are granting Center for Global Sourcing, the permission for use of the paper and presentations in any subsequent publication related to this conference in its original or edited form to suit the nature of the publication.
Partial lists of topics you may want to consider are (please note: any paper related to Global Sourcing of Services will be considered).
1. Case studies in global outsourcing of Medical, Healthcare and E-Commerce solutions.
2. Future of Medical Tourism in North America.
3. What's the difference between "Smart-Sourcing" and "Outsourcing?".
4. What’s the difference between "Off-shoring” and “Near-shoring?".
5. Developing Patient Safety standards for Medical Tourism.
6. The Healthcare crisis and possible alternatives.
7. The electronic Medical Marketplace.
8. The logistics of Global Medical Tourism.
9. The 360 degrees of patient care in Medical Tourism.
10. Issues in socialized healthcare systems (Canada, UK etc.)
11. Employee Wellness and controlling healthcare costs for employers.
12. Healthcare informatics and outsourcing.
13. How executive leadership and vision, combined with outsourcing result in competitive advantage?
14. HIPPA laws and Medical Tourism.
15. Outsourcing in radiology and/or medical transcriptions.
16. JACHO v/s JCI accreditations.
17. What type of an organizational culture complements outsourcing?
18. Strategy, selection and outsourcing management systems.
19. What does and does not work in outsourcing?
20. PKI’s and executive dashboard for measuring success of an outsourcing project.
21. Perceived loss of control, privacy and security issues with outsourcing.
22. Competitive aspects of outsourcing, and limitations posed by a preferred vendor's list.
23. Capabilities of first, second and third-tier outsourcing vendors.
24. Critical success factors for GSO and e-Commerce Solutions outsourcing.
25. How to Manage an Outsourcing Alliance?
26. Cultural issues related to the selection of outsourcing partners.
27. Software Outsourcing according to the SDLC stages - what factors and criteria to consider?
28. Pros and Cons of Onsite versus Off-site Outsourcing.
29. Role of Application Service Providers (ASP) in outsourcing.
30. Role of Incubators in outsourcing e-Business Ideas.
31. Issues in inland outsourcing.
32. Opportunities in near-shore outsourcing (Latin America and Canada).
33. Challenges in off-shore outsourcing (India, China and other South East Asian countries).
34. India and Thailand as a destination for Medical Tourism
35. Call center outsourcing and Business process outsourcing (BPO) issues.
36. Issues related to outsourcing newspaper and advertisement related functions.
37. China as a destination for Outsourcing manufacturing.
38. Outsourcing and e-Business.
39. Outsourcing customer support and relationship management on the internet.
40. Outsourcing vendor selection approach.
41. Outsourcing logistics function by e-businesses.
42. CIOs role in IT outsourcing.
43. Outsourcing of legacy modernization.
44. Russia as a destination for Outsourcing.
45. ERP Application support outsourcing.
46. Legal issues in outsourcing the client perspective.
47. Legal issues in outsourcing contracts.
48. Due Diligence in Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
49. Outsourcing of Hollywood Film projects to Bollywood in Mumbai
50. Outsourcing online gaming and casino operations.
51. Case studies related to outsourcing.
52. Emerging problems associated with outsourcing.
53. Trends of global outsourcing - India & China.
sp; Trends of global outsourcing - Europe and South America.
55. Cost-Benefit Analysis of outsourcing.
56. Vendor management challenges.
57. Emerging Markets in offshoring.
58. Captive Centre - Success Factors & Stories.
59. HR - Key factor to create a sustainable benefit.
60. Product Research across borders - Innovation through offshoring.
61. IP issues in offshoring.
62. Offshoring Opportunities for Europe based organizations.
63. Outsourcing of downloadable electronic services and its impact on library users.
Visit http://www.outsourceglobal.org/ for the latest conference details.
26 Berkley Blvd, Iselin, NJ 08830, U.S.A.
Phone: +1 (732) 983-7034